Film submissions for Toronto True Crime Film Festival 2018 ARE NOW CLOSED.
To be considered eligible to screen as part of Toronto True Crime Film Festival, your film must meet the following criteria:
- Your film needs to be a Toronto premiere at minimum (i.e. your film cannot have been screened publicly in Toronto prior to the 2018 festival, including online and television broadcasts). Note: We do not require premiere status for short films.
- Your film must be in English, or include English subtitles.
- Your film MUST be related to true crime. This criteria is fairly lenient in terms of what will be deemed acceptable, but it should be noted that any film that is a complete work of fiction—no matter how "crime" related—will NOT be accepted. If the case/crime/criminal related to your film is not obvious or well-known, you should include a link to further information (Wikipedia page, news article, etc.) with your submission.
If you are not sure if your film is an appropriate fit for our festival, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further guidance.
FESTIVAL PARTICIPATION AGREEMENT:
Please read this agreement before you submit your film. By submitting your film, you expressly acknowledge that you have read and accept the terms and rules of Toronto True Crime Film Festival.
1. I authorize Toronto True Crime Film Festival to exhibit my film and I confirm that I will be able to provide an exhibition quality copy for the screening.
2. I understand that it is my sole responsibility to secure clearance from all copyright holders and certify that I hold all necessary rights for the submission of this film to Toronto True Crime Film Festival. This film is not subject to any litigation nor is threatened by any litigation.
3. If selected, I transfer Toronto True Crime Film Festival the right to use excepts (stills, trailers, etc.) of the submitted film for the purpose of publicity and marketing of the film, the event of which it will be included, and Toronto True Crime Film Festival in general.
4. I hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless Toronto True Crime Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, and/or screening.
Online screeners through FilmFreeway are preferred. If you would like to submit your film through other channels, please email us.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOUR SUBMISSION!